The past couple weeks have been pretty busy. At my work we have been doing our end of the year evaluations for the staff and as a Supervisor that means a WHOLE lot of work and time. I ended up getting them all done in time and I’d say I passed mine so now that those are done it was time to relax. My shift had shift bonding where we did a ropes course and some different obstacles and long story short I work too much and need to learn to delegate (I already knew that but it was a good reminder). So my co-workers have been doing really good at making sure that when I am not at work, I am not working or evening thinking about working! Which is great but also really frustrating because I am so not used to not always working. BUT I really wanted to try so I took a Saturday day off and Dakota and I spent the whole day together. It was a lot of fun 🙂 We had a lunch date, hung out with some fun friends, and just did whatever! It was really nice I’m not going to lie.
The past week was Christmas! Dakota and I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas day so we had our Christmas a little early and opened presents! We were also just really impatient so it worked out 🙂 Christmas day was nice, after work we went over to my parent’s house and had dinner. It was super yummy as always and we all went around and said our favorite Christmas memories which was fun to hear what everyone remembered. Afterwards we went to a movie with Dakota’s family and then went home. Overall it was a nice Christmas and I was glad to be able to spend it with both of our families. You would think that having both sets of parents in the same town would make it more complicated but luckily our parents are so awesome and it makes it really easy.
Looking back on the past year a whole lot as happened and yet nothing too significant has happened either. BUT here is our top memories of 2013:
1. Celebrated our 1 year anniversary
2. Went to Dallas for a Mary Kay Seminar (and became a MK consultant)
3. We got our awesome cat Patricia
4. We moved in to our new townhouse and we plan on not moving for a while! (we mean it this time haha)
5. My friends Kylie and Alyssa got married
6. I turned 21
7. We got fancy furniture so that we look like mature adults
8. We got a new nephew (Kol)!
9. We got another “nephew” (we call him Cruz)
10. I became a Supervisor at work
11. I got my wisdom teeth out
12. We became Sunbeam teachers (we just got released and will be teaching CTR 9 in 2014)
Those are just a few of the many memories and adventures we have had this year. This next year we have some big ideas and plans in mind so we are really looking forward to 2014 🙂