Okay so having your 22nd birthday isn’t that exciting. It isn’t one of those huge milestones like your 16th and 18th birthday is. But that did not stop me from making it one of the best birthdays ever!

Dakota and I decided to go to Washington D.C. for a couple of days to kick off the best week ever. Since I had won a free hotel night from SkyWest we cashed it in so that we only needed to pay for one hotel room. After the free flights and everything else in D.C. being free we only ended up paying for one really cheap hotel room and food! When we flew in we went straight to our hotel, dropped off our bags, then headed out to the National Mall. We saw all of the memorial buildings at night! It was really cool to see everything lit up. After walking around for a couple of hours we grabbed some food and headed back to our super nice hotel for some sleep.
We woke up early the next morning and headed to the Holocaust Museum. It was the one thing I absolutely wanted to do and it was well worth it! I learned and saw so much and the museum did a beautiful job and educating all those who came. After the Holocaust museum when strolled down to the Smithsonian. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and spent hours wandering through the Natural History, Air and Space, American Indian, and many more museums! I loved it! I was very impressed with how much we got done in just a couple of days. Then we took a taxi to Buffalo Wild Wings which ended up being a hotel. Our taxi driver apparently was not a very good one. So we went inside and asked about good places to eat and we ended up at the Front Page restaurant. Let me tell you, it was SO GOOD!! Best steak and potatoes I have had in a minute! Okay the potatoes were not as good as Texas Roadhouse but they were still amazing.
Air and Space Museum
Washington Memorial
The next morning we woke up super early and headed to the Metro towards the airport. We thought we had given ourselves more than enough time to get there but by the time we got off the metro they had started boarding! So we ran to the shuttle to take us from the metro to the airport and the whole way there I was praying that we would make our flight! We got off the shuttle ran through security (thank goodness we didn’t get stopped for random bag checks and there were only 3 people in the line) and then ran to the shuttle to take us to our gate. Dakota and I were in full on Rocky mode! We got off the shuttle and sprinted to our gate! I am not kidding when I say sprinted either. Our gate was C2 so of course we were thinking “Oh good it will be the first one!” Oh no. It was all the way at the END of the terminal. By the time we got to the gate we were sweaty, out of breath, and praying that there were still seats open. The gate agent checked our status and let us on the plane and we got exit seats which means more leg room! As we are sitting there laughing and trying to get our breathing under control about 20 more passengers mosey on in and we realized that we could have walked the entire time. Oh well! It sure made a great memory 🙂

Late night drive to California
Once we got back to Saint George we took a much needed nap! Then I woke up, picked up my little sisters and drove to California. By the time we got on the freeway it was about 10pm because we of course had to stop and get some tacos and churros from Del Taco for the road. Even though it was super late and we were all tired we managed to stay awake and jam out to Christmas music the whole way there. Thank goodness I took a nap or else I probably would not have been able to make the drive. We finally got to our grandma’s house around 2:30 in the morning and we went straight to bed. We woke up the next morning and headed to Knott’s Berry Farm! There was almost no one there and we managed to go on every single ride (except for the kid rides) in 2.5 hours! It’s amazing how much you can get done when there are no lines to wait in. So after going on all the rides and looking at all the shops we went back to Grandma’s for another much needed nap. When we woke up we went shopping and then went right back to bed.

The next morning we headed out to Disneyland!! It could not have been a more perfect day to go either. There were lines but they were short and there were just enough people to people watch but not too many where you thought you would get lost in the crowd. The weather was great AND it was Halloween time! The haunted mansion was so amazing! We got to go on all the rides we wanted to and we left just before they were about to close. Then we headed over to the Disneyland hotel and met up with the rest of our family and had some dinner.

The Haunted Mansion had the best decorations!
The next morning we woke up and got to have breakfast with the Disney characters! The best part was probably seeing all the little kids faces either light up or hide in fear. Then we got ready and went to the CUW conference. We got to hear from Stephanie Neilson who was a plane crash survivor. 80% of her body was severely burned and scared and hearing her story was equally sad and amazing. After the conference I packed my bags and headed to LAX to fly back home in time to go back to work the next day!
Women’s conference in our new dresses
All in all it was a crazy, busy, jam packed trip but I am so glad that I did it! It was a great break from work and school and I got to check so many things off my bucket list!