I have been nominated by the wonderful Hannah with Attacking Adulthood for the Liebster Award! For those who are unaware of this award it is simply an award for bloggers, from bloggers. I love it because you are being nominated by fellow bloggers who appreciate your work and it helps connect the world to so many other amazing bloggers. So be sure to check out my nominees and give them some love!
– You must link back to the person who nominated you
– Share 11 interesting facts about yourself
– Answer the questions asked by your nominator
– Link all the blogs of your nominees
– Write 11 questions for your nominees to answer
11 Interesting Facts About Me
– I got married when I was 19
– I’m allergic to watermelon
– When I was little I wanted to be an archeologist when I grew up
– I hate The Killers with a passion
– I have performed at Disneyland and KnottsBerry Farm many times
– I am a contracted model but rarely do jobs
– I can cry in literally every movie if I allowed myself; even if it isn’t a sad movie
– I only get headaches when I am tired
– The smell of peppermint, Subway, and donuts makes me sick
– I have never enjoyed eating bread products. I don’t really know why I just think it’s boring. Expect Texas Roadhouse Rolls
– I have never had a job for less than two years
11 Questions from my nominator Attacking Adulthood
When did you start blogging?
– I initially starting blogging when I moved from California to Utah so that I could stay in touch with my family without having to write them all e-mails or call them individually. Since then it has turned into what it is today!
Where is your favorite place to write?
– I honestly usually write on my couch or in my bed because I don’t have a space set up yet so out of those two I would say my couch because it’s cozy, I am productive, but I can still interact with my hubs.
What is your favorite holiday and why?
– Thanksgiving! It’s the perfect weather, the leaves are changing, the best food, and my family has lots of fun traditions that we do. We also get together with all of our extended family which is really fun.
If you could meet any person in history who would it be and why?
– This is a hard question because there are so many people to chose from!! I would really like to meet Steve Carrel of Johnny Depp. They just seem like good guys who would be able to keep me entertained for a whole day! Or Taylor Swift! I’m sure I could think of someone who isn’t a celebrity but right now I can’t haha
What was the inspiration for your blog name?
– I wanted a name that was simple and easy to remember. I didn’t want to do my name because my blog isn’t just about me; it’s about my life. My very first blog was Seay my Life (pronounced see) and Seay was my maiden name so it was a cute play on words. When I got married I decided to get more serious about blogging and I wanted to integrate my new life into the title. Therefore Life as a Larsen (Larsen being my new last name) was created! However, I do kind of want to change it again….
What is your best memory from school?
– When I was in 4th grad (I think it was 4th) my family moved back to California for a little bit. I went to a brand new school and new no one and it was really hard but all of my classmates made a big effort into making me feel welcome. So when we moved again a few months later I was really sad because I was just starting to get into the swing of things. At the school I went to they would let the older kids help out in the kindergarten classes and my last week I got picked to go! When I came back to my classroom it was all decorated and there was a going away party thrown for me. Each one of my fellow classmates had written me a goodbye card and it was the sweetest thing that made a huge impact on me.
What is your favorite genre of writing?
– As a psych major I am really used to analytical writing where you break these down and analyze them into a bigger meaning. I love being able to take a broad topic and defining it to what I interpret it as.
The biggest life lesson you’ve learned
– That not everyone is going to like you. When I was 12 I had a friend who one day told me that she didn’t like me and gave me a list of reasons why. At the time it effected me so much that someone would not like things about me that I loved about myself. I tried to mend the relationship but I was just wasting my time on someone who had already made up their mind. My dad pulled me aside and just told me straight up that in my life people aren’t going to like me and a lot of the time they won’t have a valid reason why. I had the power to chose between letting that effect me or moving on with my life and not filling it with people who are just brining me down. Since then I have been able to apply that advice into so many different aspects of my life and I am forever grateful for it.
What is your favorite time of the day?
– The evenings because that is when my husband and I are both off of work and we get to spend time together or with our family and friends. Also a lot of our favorite activities happen at night like parties, dinner dates, and our favorite TV shows.
Where did you last go on holiday?
How do you deal with writer’s block, or how to you avoid it?
– Whenever I get writer’s block I usually take a few days off to free my mind. That usually looks like going on a hike, hanging out with friends, or binge watching Netflix. I also try to stay off social media sites so that I can really just distress and let my mind think clearly.
– Lauren: Sombremesa Stories
– Christine: Vermilion Roots
– Summer: Coffee with Summer
– Anna: Don’t Cramp my Style
– Katya: Ok, But First Coffee
– Jasmine: Classy, Sassy, and Bit Smartassy
– Tisha: The Ham & Cheese of It
– Dana: Pellerini Proclaims
– Rachel: Small Towns & City Lights
– Becky: Disney in Your Day
– Erin: Love Peace Beauty
Questions for the Nominees
– What made you start your blog?
– What do you like to do in your spare time?
– Who is someone you admire and why?
– Dream vacation spot
– Most embarrassing moment
– What motivates you to write for your blog?
– How do you like to unwind from the stresses of life?
– Pepsi or Coke, why?
– Biggest accomplishment
– Which social media platform do you like using the most and why?
– What would your “dream day” look like?