It’s my 25th birthday today! It is a little weird to think I’m 25. Like I actually feel older. 25 to me has always been that milestone where you are an official adult and should have your life together. YEAH RIGHT! I don’t think that day will ever come but that’s okay. I thought it would be fun to do a 25 facts about me post today but I could only think of 13 (barely), apparently I’m just not that interesting!
1) My favorite snacks of all time are popcorn and white rice with butter and seasoning salt.
2) My favorite toy growing up was a giant rubber beetle. There are so many pictures of me holding it in my mouth or playing with it in the dishwasher (my other favorite toy!)
3) I still cut my pasta into small pieces because twirling it is hard and there is no other way to gracefully eat pasta #noshame
4) I’m allergic to melons and recently bananas. Nothing crazy happens my throat and mouth just get ridiculously itchy and it is not worth it.
5) I was born with red hair and lots of it! It would always stick straight up and no matter how much product my mom put in my hair it never stayed down.
6) I have a freckle on my eyelash line so it always looks like I messed up my eyeliner.
7) I didn’t wear open toed shoes until 9th grade because I was so embarrassed of my toes. My second toe is ridiculously longer than the rest and I always get teased about it. The day I wore open toed shoes so many people said “I’ve never seen you in sandals before!” It took me a while to wear them again. Now it’s a running joke that my toe looks like E.T.’s finger. It really does…it’s embarrassing.
8) I am terrified of Raggedy Ann dolls. I had a dream when I was little that my Raggedy Ann doll turned into a evil vampire at night and would strangle then eat me.
9) I have cried on every birthday, except for 2, since my 16th birthday. Some were good tears, most were not. Life happens!
10) I’m the only person in my family with blue eyes and blonde hair. When I was a little girl and people would ask, “Where do you get your hair from?” I would say, “The mailman”. My parents had to quickly explain it was actually from my grandparents haha
11) I almost went to college to be an Archaeologist. I always wanted to be one and toured programs and everything! But then I learned there was no money in the field and you basically needed a PHD to be taken seriously.
12) I sucked my thumb until I was 5 or 6. I still have scars on my thumb from it!
13) I don’t like bread and never really have. You’ll never see me just eat a dinner roll or a bread stick or pizza crust. Sometimes if I’m dipping the bread in something it’s a little better but basically I just think bread is boring.
What fact surprised you the most? Do we have any in common? I’d love to hear in the comments! Thank you for all of the love and well wishes, I can’t wait to see what year 25 has in store for me.